“The more you know the less you fear, the more you educate yourself, the more empowered you feel. The more you understand about the process of birth and how you and your baby are connected, the more you trust your body to have a beautiful birth”.
Our antenatal sessions are developed to guarantee a course packed with the very latest evidence based research, practical skills and in-depth knowledge.
Session One – Understanding labour
- The stages of labour
- What does it feel like and what to expect
- Writing a birth plan
- When to go to hospital and what to take for you and your baby
Session Two – The magic of birth
- Birth videos
- Understanding hormones – labours drivers
- Involvement of the partner
- Positions for labour
- Breathing techniques and meditation
- Herbal teas and aromatherapy
Session Three – Understanding medical assisted births
- Understanding medical intervention and why it can happen
- What is an induction, what to expect
- How to support/heal your body after birth
- Welcoming your baby into the world
- Relationship – two becomes three or more – extending the family
- How may you feel
Session Four – Feeding and Care of your baby
- Positioning and latching, how does it work and the first few days
- Common struggles and how to overcome them
- Bottle feeding
- Involving your partner
- Bathing and nappy changing
- Looking after yourselves
Group courses are available as well as tailored 121 classes in the comfort of your own home.
Refresher Antenatal Classes
Specially designed for parents who are expecting another baby, in this workshop we will refresh your memory of labour and birth and the tools and techniques you can use to enable you to have a positive and beautiful birth. We will help you to reflect on your past birthing experience and support and guide you in preparing for your next birth with excitment.
“Your mind is an incredible tool, where the mind goes the body often follows. Unleash your power through guided meditation and affirmations to support your journey through pregnancy, labour, birth and postpartum”.
Hypnobirthing is a complete antenatal programme focussing on a combination of education, self-hypnosis and deep relaxation to help achieve a calm birth. Hypnobirthing gives parents the tools they need to minimise the fear-tension-pain cycle, resulting in shorter, more comfortable birth.
Within our classes you will learn:
- Pregnancy and birth affirmations
- Relaxations techniques
- Deep breathing
Research reports teach us that women supported with continuous care during labour and birth have shown the following:
- 25% shorter labour
- 60% reduction in epidural requests
- 30% reduction in analgesia use
- 40% reduction in forceps delivery
Doula Support Includes:
Two prenatal sessions to help you get prepared for labour, birth and the early weeks with your newborn. These sessions will be tailored to your needs.
Continuous support and guidence throughout labour, delivery and the first few hours with your newborn.
Two postnatal home visits (or in the hospital), giving you support and guidance with breastfeeding, baby care, soothing and settling techniques and postnatal healing.
Vita Novella Gift Pack
Includes aromatherapy oils for labour and birth, medicinal tea to support lactation and cell salts for health and well-being.
To find out more about our Antenatal Education Classes and Birth Support, please contact us on: Tel: 82980616
Gift of Birth eBook
This is my first book published in 2020. It is an essential guide for parents to ensure a confident birth and a magical bond with their baby. If you would like a copy of my book it is available as an eBook on Amazon.