Our antenatal sessions are developed to guarantee a course packed with the very latest evidence based research, practical skills and in-depth knowledge.
Session One – Understanding labour
- The stages of labour
- What does it feel like and what to expect
- Writing a birth plan
- When to go to hospital and what to take for you and your baby
Session Two – The magic of birth
- Birth DVD (optional)
- Understanding hormones – labours drivers
- Involvement of the partner
- Positions for labour
- Breathing techniques and meditation
- Herbal teas and aromatherapy
Session Three – Understanding medical assisted births
- Understanding medical intervention and why it can happen
- What is an induction, what to expect
- Helping your body heal after birth, from a natural delivery and a medical delivery
- Welcoming your baby into the world
- Relationship – two becomes three or more – extending the family
- How may you feel
Session Four – Feeding and Care of your baby
- Positioning and latching, how does it work and the first few days
- Common struggles and how to overcome them
- Bottle feeding
- Involving your partner
- Bathing and nappy changing
- Looking after yourselves
With mountains of advice out there for parents it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and unsure. We provide evidence-based information and help you explore your options. We empower you to confidently make your own decisions that are right for you and your family.
Group and Private sessions are available as well as tailored 121 classes in the comfort of your own home.
Refresher Antenatal Classes
Specially designed for parents who’ve already had a baby, the Antenatal Refresher course will get you ready and prepared for your next baby. We’ll refresh your memory of your last antenatal course or birth preparation re-visiting pregnancy, labour and birth. You’ll reflect and build on your past labour experiences, and prepare for the birth you want.
A recent research report stated that women supported with continuous care during labour and birth have shown the following:
- 25% shorter labour
- 60% reduction in epidural requests
- 30% reduction in analgesia use
- 40% reduction in forceps delivery
Doula Support Includes:
Two prenatal sessions to help you get prepared for labour, birth and the early weeks with your newborn. These sessions will be tailored to your needs.
Continuous support and guidence throughout labour, delivery and the first few hours with your newborn.
Two postnatal home visits (or can be in hospital), giving you support and guidance with breastfeeding, baby care and postnatal healing. A strong focus on feeding support, settling tools and techniques and what to expect in the first few weeks with a newborn.
Vita Novella Gift Pack
Includes aromatherapy oils for labour and birth, medicinal teas for pre and postnatal health, cell salts for pregnancy, labour and lactation.
Hypnobirthing is a complete antenatal programme focussing on a combination of education, self-hypnosis and deep relaxation to help achieve a more comfortable birth. Hypnobirthing gives parents the tools they need to minimise the fear-tension-pain cycle, resulting in shorter, more comfortable birth.
Within our classes you will learn:
- Pregnancy and birth affirmations
- Relaxations techniques
- Deep breathing
To find out more about our Antenatal Education Classes and Birth Support, please contact us on: Tel: 82980616
Gift of Birth eBook
This is my first book published in 2020. It is an essential guide for parents to ensure a confident birth and a magical bond with their baby. If you would like a copy of my book it is available as an eBook on Amazon.